West Edmonton Mall
Mar 31, 2023
The Zip Line Attendant has the responsibility of ensuring our guests receive an enjoyable rope navigating experience while ensuring their continual safety and security at all times on the attraction.
- Utilizing strong customer service skills to interact with our guests, processing Zip Line admission transactions, taking action photos of guests on the Zip Line while adhering to all required training and specified safety regulations at all times.
- Providing our guests with detailed instructions on the safe use of the Zip Line equipment and process prior to and during their use of the attraction.
- Promoting additional WEM attractions, services, and products or acting as a representative in the park and/or mall to promote the Zip Line Attraction.
- Accurately assessing guest harnesses for proper fit, enforcing all guest requirements (weight, physical condition) for the Zip Line specifications, and making proper adjustments if required.
- Inspecting all safety equipment (ie: harnesses, zip line cables, braking devices, etc.) for deficiencies and ensuring any equipment concerns are reported to the World Waterpark General Manager.
- Physically testing the Zip Line throughout the course of each shift to identify any quality issues or deficiencies.
- Actively monitor all guests on the Zip Line while utilizing the proper monitoring stations, positions, and processes.
- Dealing calmly and efficiently with stressful situations relating to guests who can include: assisting guests in distress, exhibiting panic and other conflict situations and taking appropriate actions.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- The physical ability to utilize the Zip Line throughout the course of the shift, climb stairs on an ongoing basis, the ability to lift and carry up to 45lbs, and assist guests through and down from the attraction.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to foster positive interactions with the public at all times.
- Previous working experience in a position that requires strict adherence to safety regulations and procedures is an asset.
- A proven ability to work at heights and follow proper and safety procedures.
- Previous experience utilizing harnesses in the workplace or for recreation use as an asset.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a part-time position that requires flexible availability Monday through Sunday including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.
- Ability to work in a hot and humid environment and in close proximity to water and chlorine.