West Edmonton Mall
Oct 07, 2022
The Welding Assistant is responsible for assisting the Welders in all aspects of welding repair, fabrication, modifications, and installations.
- Assisting in the preparation of material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
- Assisting in securing of parts in position for welding.
- Assisting in the repairing of products and materials by dismantling, straightening, and re-shaping.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in for maintaining, repairing, modifying and installing West Edmonton Mall’s Parks and Attraction area and structures.
- Cleaning the shop and tools as needed.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years-experience working in a shop environment with an emphasis on welding.
- Ability to work at heights, strong attention to detail and great problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that is required Monday through Friday.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance