Structural Inspector Supervisor
West Edmonton Mall
Sep 29, 2023
The Structural Inspector Supervisor is responsible for taking a hands-on role in overseeing the Structural and Welding team within West Edmonton Mall’s Parks and Attractions.
- Overseeing the processes for conducting daily and routine inspections and safety checks on all Parks and Attractions related structures within West Edmonton Mall.
- Daily delegation of tasks and objectives with the Ironworkers and Structural team.
- Providing training and guidance to the Ironworker and Structural team and ensuring all set processes, record keeping, and checklists are being completed as per set guidelines.
- Performing staff selection interviews, performance reviews, performance management responsibilities and conducting staff mentorship on a regular basis.
- Taking a hands-on role in troubleshooting and performing major and minor operational repairs. This will include performing preventative maintenance services on a daily basis.
- Other duties required as they arise throughout West Edmonton Mall Parks and Attractions and shopping centre.
- Must have a valid Journeyman/Red Seal Ironworker or Welder trade certification.
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years-experience as a Journeyman in a Commercial or Industrial environment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints required.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role preferred and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills complemented by team building abilities.
- Must be able to walk long distances, work from heights, work in small spaces and have the ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that is required Monday through Friday.
- This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.