West Edmonton Mall
Oct 21, 2022
The Refrigeration Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Refrigeration department and staff while taking a hands-on role in the installations, repairs, and maintenance of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in West Edmonton Mall.
- Providing supervision, direction, and proper guidance to the Refrigeration team including both Journeyman and Apprentices.
- Preparing, maintaining and adhering to an annual operating budget for the Refrigeration department and completing associated paperwork required.
- Responding to dispatch calls and delegating tasks and projects to the Refrigeration department team.
- Being involved in the interviewing and selection of Refrigeration staff members as well as conducting regular reviews and performance management if required.
- Communicating with other trades and Mall departments to ensure all Refrigeration needs are met in a timely manner.
- Completing inventory and ensuring any necessary materials are in stock or a purchase order is placed.
- Utilizing Journeyman Refrigeration trade knowledge by repairing and maintaining component parts of air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilating systems in various areas of West Edmonton Mall.
- Ensuring the maintenance of all Refrigeration and HVAC Systems in West Edmonton mall such as; roof tops units, make-up air units, exhaust fans, and fan coils are maintained and functioning to meet the operational needs of the facility.
- Installing and replacing all types of pumps or refrigeration equipment, according to prints, specifications, diagrams or other instructions.
- Reading and interpret gauges and instruments and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls and pumps to control the levels of pressure in the distribution in systems.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Must have a valid Journeyman/Red Seal HVAC Refrigeration trade certification.
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years-experience as a Journeyman in a Commercial or Industrial HVAC
- Refrigeration based repair environment.
- Must have proven leadership skills, teamworking and mentorship abilities with previous experience acting in a Supervisory level trades position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Previous budgetary experience with a background in supplier relations.
- Strong computer skills and with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs such as word, excel, and outlook and the ability to adapt and utilize new software and related emerging mobile technology in the workplace.
- Must be able to walk long distances, work from heights, work in small spaces and have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full time position that requires a flexible schedule to be available weekdays, evenings, weekends, and to be on call when required.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.