West Edmonton Mall
Jun 09, 2023
The Millwright is responsible for equipment and attraction installation, maintenance and repair in the various Parks and Attractions at West Edmonton Mall.
- Installing, modifying and maintaining rides, attractions, machinery, and equipment of West Edmonton Mall’s Parks and Attractions, including Galaxyland, World Waterpark, Ed’s Rec Room, Sea Lion’s Rock and Professor WEM’s Golf.
- Inspecting and examining all components and parts daily to detect and investigate any irregularities and malfunctions.
- Troubleshooting and performing major and minor operational repairs and part replacements, and performing preventative maintenance services regularly.
- Drafting, reading and interpreting plans, work orders and project specifications to determine efficient maintenance schedules.
- Operating hoisting and lifting devices to assist with high angle assembly and maintenance in a safe manner while adhering to all safety procedures and protocols.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Applicants must have a valid Journeyman Millwright Certification.
- A minimum of two (2) - four (4) years experience in the Millwright field.
- Must be able to work at heights, have a strong attention to detail and exceptional problem-solving skills, with great attention to safety procedures and protocols.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work with a variety of environmental factors, including noise and humidity, and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that requires ten days on and four days off, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.