Logistics Team Lead
West Edmonton Mall
Oct 06, 2023
The Logistics Team Lead is responsible for preforming the duties of a Logistics Representative on a daily basis and stepping into a leadership and supervisory role in the absence of the Logistics Supervisor.
- Acting as the point of contact for the Logistics department in the absence of the Supervisor with internal department representatives and external event representatives and monitoring required emails and cell communications for updates.
- Utilization of the Mall point tracking system to monitor and delegate tasks to the Logistics team while ensuring all required projects and tasks are completed on time and to an acceptable level.
- Participating in all aspects of the work of the Logistics crew by engaged in setting up and breaking down of stages, tables, chairs, signage displays, equipment and supplies transportation throughout the mall and all other projects and tasks of the department.
- Being called upon for training new members of the Logistics team and acting as a lead during banner hangs, lift work, events, or special projects as assigned by the Logistics Supervisor or Property Manager.
- Communicating daily task lists to the Logistics Representatives in the absence of the Supervisor while keeping proper documentation of assigned tasks being completed while ensuring the staff of the department utilizes their time in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Performing routine inspections of the Logistics department tasks to ensure jobs are being completed in a professional and acceptable manner and assisting the in the organization and cleanliness of the Logistics shop.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience setting up events, logistics planning, and communicating with internal and external clients and representatives.
- Completion of a high school diploma with post-secondary education as an asset.
- Previous experience in acting in a team lead or supervisory based position.
- Self-driven with the ability to supervise staff adhering to broad task-based goals and objectives.
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills are required.
- Physically capable of performing the set up and tear down of events and must be able to work occasionally at heights.
- Completion of fall protection and aerial platform certifications or willing to take the required training is required.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that requires flexible availability including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays; Monday through Sunday.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.