West Edmonton Mall
Dec 23, 2022
The Painter has the primary responsibility of performing general painting, finishing, and maintaining of a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces throughout West Edmonton Mall.
- Smoothing surfaces, using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool to ensure that old paint is removed from surfaces prior to new application of paint.
- Mixing paint to obtain desired color and texture.
- Cleaning and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment.
- Maintaining an inventory of materials and equipment.
- Ensuring that supplies, materials, and products are ordered and required.
- Applying primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Measuring, cutting and applying wallpaper or fabric to walls.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years-experience working in a commercial or industrial as an entry level painter.
- A certified Journeyman Painter.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Able to work at heights, strong attention to detail, and great problem solving skills are a definite asset.
- Able to lift and carry up to 23 Kgs (50 lbs.)
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position required Monday through Friday 5:30am – 1:30pm.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.