West Edmonton Mall
Dec 08, 2023
The Journeyman Electrician is responsible for maintaining the electrical distribution systems in West Edmonton Mall and ensuring the Fire Alarm equipment, and security network are functioning properly and efficiently.
- Maintain, repair, modify and refurbish West Edmonton Mall’s various Low & Medium Voltage Power Systems and Distribution Centers; encompassing Transformers, 600v MCC’s, Motors & VFD Control wiring, Wye/Delta starters, emergency power generators, transfer switches, grounding, bonding and other 5kV - 13.8kV Service distribution equipment. Commercial Maintenance experience an asset.
- Maintain, repair, modify and monitor the Mall’s fire alarm, property lighting, plus security cameras and computer network infrastructure. Fire Alarm Certification and/or Network Communication Structured Wiring experience are assets.
- Troubleshooting and performing minor repairs to WEM tenants’ electrical equipment.
- Installing cable & conduit wireways through walls, floors and ceilings. Positioning, maintaining and installing electrical enclosures and fittings; wiring devices and splicing, plus testing circuits to ensure integrity and safety.
- Reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical and architectural drawings plus integrate electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts.
- Conduct other duties as required by the Electrical Supervisor; extensive walking, moving & lifting materials <50lb, plus will be required to work at heights. Occasional nightshifts are required to perform shutdown maintenance of the equipment.
- A certified Journeyman Electrician with a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- A minimum of five (5) years Journeyman level experience in the Electrical field. Commercial Maintenance, Fire Alarm Certification and/or Network Communication Structured Wiring experience are assets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills plus the ability to work efficiently, either independently and with a team.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that is required Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm as well as being available as required on a rotational schedule for after-hours; electrician on-call service / response.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.