West Edmonton Mall
Oct 06, 2023
The Cook is responsible for the day to day preparation and handling of food products within the Ed’s Bowling kitchen.
- Prepare food in a manner that is in compliance with FoodSafe standards and assist the Kitchen Supervisor in the control of labor and food costs.
- Ensure customers are served their food and in a prompt and courteous manner that exceeds their expectations.
- Maintain proper food portioning and presentation controls for optimal customer service.
- Meet with Kitchen supervisor on priorities regarding the food service.
- Conduct food /ingredients inventories as directed by the Kitchen Supervisor to ensure the kitchens are adequately stocked.
- Ensure that weekly freezer inventory is done and all par stocks are at the proper levels.
- Ensure kitchen equipment is left in good working order for the next work shift including cleaning, ensuring equipment is turned off if closing shift, and noting all need repairs.
- Ensure the kitchens are is clean and kept tidy at all times and ensure food quality is at or above standard.
- Other duties as required.
- Previous cooking experience in a setting similar to Ed’s Bowling.
- Strong working knowledge of food preparation and customer service expectations.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a valid food safety certificate(s) or a willingness to be trained.
- Familiar with food and kitchen inventory procedures.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a part time position that requires flexible availability including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to pass basic security clearance.