West Edmonton Mall
Dec 09, 2022
The Journeyman Cabinetmaker is responsible for constructing, repairing, and installing the structural woodwork, laminates, and solid surface related materials within West Edmonton Mall.
- Reading blueprints, drawings, and specifications to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Operating woodworking machines such as power saws, jointers, mortisers, shapers and use hand tools to cut shape and form parts or components
- Installing structures and fixtures such as frames, floorings, and trim using hand tools or power tools.
- Ensuring that all installations, repairs, and maintenance meet the requirements of the appropriate codes and West Edmonton Mall building requirements.
- Ensuring compliance will all Occupational Health and Safety legislation guidelines, standards, policies, and procedures.
- May supervise, co-ordinate, and schedule activities of apprentice carpenters and laborers.
- Other responsibilities as required to run a large shopping center, amusement facility.
- Valid Red Seal Cabinetmaker Certification or recognized related trade certificate.
- Previous experience with solid surface construction, repair and maintenance is a definite asset
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Commercial or Industrial Cabinetmaking environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Physically fit and able to walk long distances
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and the ability to provide a 3-year driver’s abstract
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position required Monday through Friday.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.