Front Desk Clerk
WEM Inn Front Desk
Oct 07, 2022
Front Desk Clerks are responsible for attending to guest needs, including but not limited to check in, check out, accepting payments, and preparing the desk for the next shift.
- Greeting and welcoming guests upon arrival, check-in and check-out, verifying reservations, and accepting payment both at check in and check out.
- Ensuring line-ups do not get to long while still ensuring excellent customer service at check in.
- Balancing paperwork at the end of the shift and make necessary cash drops while maintaining issued float balance at all times.
- Helping guests with any inquiries regarding their room, hotel amenities, as well as Attractions and Shops within West Edmonton Mall.
- Ensuring guests concerns and/or complaints are handled in a professional, courteous manner and ensuring the guests remain satisfied.
- Assisting with Guest Services, Reservations, and Switchboard operations if necessary.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- One (1) to two (2) years previous customer service experience, with preference given to those with previous hotel experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a courteous phone manner.
- Neat, well-groomed and professional with a positive, friendly attitude.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift guest baggage in the absence of Guest Services.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills, and be able to work under pressure.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a part-time position that requires flexible availability Monday through Sunday including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and night shifts.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.