FLH Food & Beverage
Mar 01, 2024
The Server is responsible for ensuring the experience of our guests exceeds their expectations through attentive and personal service to further Fantasyland Hotel’s mission, vision, and values.
- Greeting patrons, presenting menus, making recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages.
- Taking guest orders, keeping them organized, and timing the course of service for guests.
- Recommending wines that complement patrons' meals.
- Familiarizing themselves with the menu, learning specials, preparation time and contents of all menu, wine and bar items and serve food and beverages.
- Presenting bill to patrons and accept payment and ensure order is placed completely and correctly by following proper cash/credit procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commissions and Safe Food Handling practices.
- Adhering to the cash handling procedures and ensuring that cash and floats are accurate at the beginning of each shift and reconciling all cash and floats at the end of each shift.
- Promoting the daily events, activities and specials and playing a proactive role in developing business and generating revenues.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience serving in a fine dining restaurant.
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly personality
- Highly knowledgeable in wines and comfortable educating guests and making recommendations on various wines
- Completion of ProServe or willing to attend the required training.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a part-time position that is required mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.