Oct 13, 2023
The Reservations Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Revenue Manager in controlling the workflow within the department while being a fully active reservations agent.
- Remaining a fully active Reservation Agent (i.e. working supervisor).
- Presenting yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Working with confidence, accuracy and efficiency with guests and surrounding staff members.
- Assisting Revenue Manager in controlling work flow within the department.
- Training/cross training Reservation Agents and other Hotel employees in regards to Reservation Procedures and Policies, Customer Service Skills, etc.
- Assisting in developing Reservation Agents and ensuring each team member is performing their job as best as possible and that they are meeting all requirements expected of them.
- Promoting team work and leading by example.
- Encouraging ethical working habits while remaining positive at all times.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of each and every duty in the Reservation Department and guiding individuals through questions with respect to procedures, policies etc.
- Preparing reports and other documents that may include, but are not limited to:
- Call conversions; VIP Memos; schedules; occupancy forecasts; daily labour reports.
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly Reservation Statistics and rate calendars.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 (three) year Hotel Reservation Experience.
- Previous experience training, coaching and/or supervising a team.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organization skills while being detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and able to maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Hotel amenities and West Edmonton Mall.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule Monday through Sunday including Holidays.
- This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.