Jun 09, 2023
The Pastry Chef is responsible for preparations of pastries, chocolates, and speciality desserts while ensuring proper industry standards and operations of the Pastry kitchen for the Fantasyland Hotel. Dedicated, passionate and creative, constantly exploring and applying modern, contemporary techniques and trends, pushing the limits of the pastry team to provide unique wow factor offerings to guests.
- Production of all the desserts and components for any pastries and desserts for Fantasyland Hotel F&B areas including banquets, L2 Grill, L1 Lounge, Room service or specialty requests for Fantasyland Hotel events, functions, or activities.
- Creation of new desserts and pastries as per company requirements and/or new menu developments or themes, creating standardized recipes and costing on an ongoing basis.
- Control food cost, food waste, tracking inventory.
- Ensuring that all hotel and culinary standards set forth by the Executive chef, with respect to food preparation and service, and proper food handling protocols are met or exceeded.
- Lead by example by being hands on in training and developing the Pastry Cooks within the Hotel’s Kitchens department.
- Preparing work schedules, work plans, based on business levels.
- Receiving, storing and preparing any and all pastry food items while cleaning and maintaining all equipment, counter tops, shelves, utensils and reporting any areas and equipment of deficiencies that need fixing/upgrading. Striving to improve on deficiencies to be more effective and efficient as a unit.
- Assisting management team, in overseeing daily operations, and not limited to Pastry kitchen.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of large production, a la carte, and high quality food service experience with a focus in pastry/baking arts.
- Culinary diploma in pastry arts an asset.
- Canadian Red Seal Journeyman Certification and Food Safe certificate is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills and positive attitude in the workplace with previous supervisory experience in the culinary trade.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of baking skills, pastry skills, sugar confectionary, chocolate work and food preparation. Knowledge of new trends
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and respond effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work well with a team and individually.
Terms of Employment:
- This position requires flexible availability including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.