Supervisor, L2 Grill
FLH Food & Beverage
Oct 10, 2022
The L2 Grill Supervisor has the responsibility of ensuring the establishment is running smoothly and that all of our guest’s needs are being met and exceeded at all times.
- Supervising the activities of food and beverage servers, bartenders and other staff in cooperation with the Outlets Manager.
- Ensuring all staff are properly trained and certified if applicable and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job function.
- Program and maintain Micros point of sale system.
- Welcoming and acknowledging all guests according to company standards, anticipating and addressing guest’s service needs, and thanking guests with genuine appreciation.
- When required, presenting menus, making recommendations, answer questions regarding food and beverages and taking guest orders and presenting bills as per set protocols.
- Ensuring adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identifying, recommending and implementing new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, and safety.
- Promoting daily events, activities and specials and playing a proactive role in developing business and generating revenues.
- Maintaining inventory and control of bar stock and order supplies.
- Ensuring compliance with Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission and Safe Food Handling practices.
- Adhering to pre-established cash handling policy and procedures while ensuring the procedures are being followed by staff.
- Participating in scheduling, ensuring proper staffing levels. Responsible for department payroll functions in the absence of the Outlets Manager.
- Handle minor disciplining of staff, with regards to uniform, lateness, etc.
- Supervising weekends i.e. Saturday a.m., Sunday a.m.
- Responsible for authorizing and executing voids.
- Responsible for actively booking reservations, call backs and maintaining Open Table.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in a lead server/bartender or supervisory role in an upscale Lounge/Restaurant setting.
- Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline will be considered an asset.
- Completion of Pro Serve training or a willingness to attend the required training.
- Exceptional customer service skills, drink preparation knowledge and quality service standards with the ability to lead by example and develop staff.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time, hourly position that requires flexible availability Monday through Sunday, including days, evenings, weekends and holiday.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.