Hotel Maintenance Technician
Oct 06, 2023
The Hotel Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that all guests of Fantasyland Hotel have a memorable experience. That all Hotel facilities are in optimum operating condition by performing preventative maintenance and being proactive in identifying and correcting any issues.
- Ensuring that all guest calls are responded to in a timely manner and escalating issues to their supervisor when needed.
- Performing preventative maintenance tasks and minor repairs on the various appliances and equipment in Fantasyland Hotel, such as kitchen appliances, restaurant and bar appliances, and laundry equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance of guest rooms and meeting rooms.
- Conducting daily maintenance checks and communicating any issues to the supervisor.
- Maintaining A/C and heating units in guest rooms, as well as Hvac equipment and controls.
- Conducting minor repairs on all plumbing, electrical and Hvac equipment and reporting results.
- Ensuring that all work is logged into the CMMS.
- Ensuring that the daily maintenance log is completed.
- Conducting inventory checks and reporting when stock is needed.
- Other duties as required.
- At least 2 years of previous experience working in a general maintenance role in a hotel or similar environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with an understanding of systems and problem solving.
- Knowledge of all tools, equipment, and processes needed to perform work.
- Previous experience of working with a CMMS and a basic understanding of Microsoft office products.
- Follows established Occupational Health & Safety procedures and policies when completing tasks.
- Reports all health, safety, and security problems, and ensures all tools are kept in good working order and stored properly.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., as well as the ability to work at heights when required.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that is required to work a shift schedule including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.