Front Office Manager
Oct 07, 2022
The Front Office Manager oversees the day to day operations of the Front Office consisting of Front Desk, Switchboard, Concierge, Night Audit and Guest Services. Ensures hotel standards, policies and procedures are communicated and observed by department employees while providing required reports and observations for Senior Management.
- Ensuring all Front Office employees are performing according to set hotel service standards and representing the hotel’s core values.
- Maintaining the quality standards for the department, while adhering to Fantasyland Hotel’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Conducting staff management for the department including interviewing and selection, performance evaluations, scheduling, inputting payroll, policy monitoring and administration, and staff mentoring.
- Controls and maintains floats and monies in front office area. Provides cashiering and change for hotel outlets. Investigates and assumes responsibility for over/shorts and cash variances occurring in the front office. Ensures proper cash handling procedures are maintained.
- Ensuring quality control procedures that emphasize friendly, accurate, and accommodating guest interactions are being met.
- Responding to guest concerns and special requests while utilizing exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Assisting in the plans and arranges for guest arrivals including special packages, tours, corporate, conventions and VIPs.
- Ensures special requests and arrangements are communicated and understood by front office staff.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years previous experience working in a high volume, up-scale hotel, in a Front Office Management based position.
- Completion of post-secondary Hospitality/business management education and/or formal industry training and certifications is a definite asset.
- Must possess a passion for service, demonstrating outstanding guest service skills and proven service leadership skills with the ability to inspire colleagues to deliver outstanding service.
- Individuals must have excellent communication, organizational skills, must be able to multi-task and problem-solve, and be able to work under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized Front Office systems and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position, requiring flexible availability Monday through Sunday.
- This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.