Director of Sales & Catering
Mar 31, 2023
The Director of Sales & Catering will be responsible for selling and booking the Fantasyland Hotel and West Edmonton Mall Inn to clients while increasing utilization of our facilities and overseeing the Sales department.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Sales Department at Fantasyland Hotel including developing sales plans, selecting and evaluating sales personnel, documenting business contracts and reporting sales performance to management.
- Supervising the Sales Team closely and assist them in achieving the established Sales Department goals and implement on-going training programs to ensure Sales staff is constantly upgrading their skills and assuring that a high standard of customer service is maintained for Fantasyland Hotel.
- Assisting in the development of annual marketing plan and research markets for new business for the Fantasyland Hotel.
- Conducting regular sales meetings to discuss new sales opportunities, review accounts and bookings, development of new promotional programs, implement regular training programs, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all proposals, contracts and letters are in accordance to hotel standards while working within budget guidelines and expenditures.
- Working closely with all departments to ensure that proper information is received regarding groups, conventions, events, etc.
- Following up on business calls and preparing written proposals as well as other correspondence as required for current & potential clients.
- Keeping accurate records of current & potential clients and represent Fantasyland Hotel in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Conducting monthly Executive Sales Reports and Monthly forecasting of Sales & Catering to maximize revenue for the Fantasyland Hotel.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience within the Hotel industry in an Executive Sales level position within a 4-star + high volume hotel.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a hospitality management and/or business management diploma.
- A sound grasp of business principals, time-management, organization expectations, and staff management practices with the ability to work in an evolving fast paced environment complemented by the personal capacity to think quickly and respond effectively under pressure.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a professional demeanor and a high level of confidence in the workplace with previous experience leading a team.
- Strong organizational and computer skills with experience utilizing MS Office programs and payroll and scheduling software.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that is required Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5pm with occasional evening and weekend flexibility.
- This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.