Mar 31, 2023
The Concierge delivers a unique and personalized experience to every guest at our hotel, and is responsible for welcoming guests, managing information, understanding guest’s needs and providing them with personalized solutions by suggesting activities and facilities provided by the hotel and West Edmonton Mall.
- Greeting and welcoming guests upon arrival.
- Responding to guest requests for special arrangements or services by providing personalized suggestions and making arrangements.
- Helping guests with any inquiries regarding their room, hotel amenities, as well as Attractions and Shops within West Edmonton Mall.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining local area guide to give out to guests.
- Working as a lobby ambassador and direct guests as required.
- Responsible for issuing West Edmonton Mall attraction passes and collecting payment.
- Ensuring guests concerns and/or complaints are handled in a professional, courteous manner and ensuring the guests remain satisfied.
- Assisting with Guest Services, Front Desk, and Switchboard operations if necessary.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- One (1) to two (2) years previous customer service/concierge experience, with preference given to those with previous hotel experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a courteous phone manner.
- Knowledge of West Edmonton Mall and Edmonton area.
- Neat, well-groomed and professional with a positive, friendly attitude.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift guest baggage in the absence of Guest Services.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills, and be able to work under pressure.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that requires flexible availability Monday through Sunday including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and night shifts.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance