Chef de Partie
Feb 10, 2023
The Chef de Partie is responsible for assisting the Banquet Chef in supervising the daily operations of the Banquet kitchen located in Fantasyland Hotel.
- Assisting the Banquet Chef with overseeing the operations and staff of the kitchens in our banquets department to ensure proper processes and protocols are being adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all hotel standards with respect to food service, food safety are met or exceeded by staff.
- Ensure that only the highest quality of products through the supervision, delegation, and participation in the preparation of food.
- Provide exceptional customer service by dealing with any guest’s comments or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Maintain open line of communication with the Banquet Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Executive Chef, and all associates.
- Provide training and supervision of all kitchen employees and to ensure the organization of the kitchen and its operations to maximize productivity.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years food service management experience in restaurants, banquets, large production, or fine dining in a Chef de Partie or equivalent level position.
- Canadian Red Seal Certification and Journeyman Ticket.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of food preparation and has an up to date Food Safe certificate or willing to obtain.
- Passion for food, highly creative, and possess a high level of refinement and technique.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a professional demeanor and a high level of confidence in the workplace with previous experience leading a team.
- Must possess a passion for service, demonstrating outstanding guest service skills and proven service leadership skills with the ability to inspire colleagues to deliver outstanding service.
- Working knowledge with regards to staffing, set-up functions, and waste control.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with the ability to work in an ever evolving fast paced environment complemented by the personal capacity to think quickly and respond effectively under pressure.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that is required days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.