Oct 07, 2022
The Banquets Server is responsible for assisting in food and beverage service effectively and overall logistics of banquet events, while maintaining standard for excellence, resulting in the overall success of banquet events.
- Greeting patrons in a friendly and courteous manner and providing prompt and professional service at all times by actively interacting with guests.
- Setting up tables as directed prior to guest’s arrival and also have some décor on each of the table break.
- Making certain that dishes and other tableware are clean and polished and condiments and beverages are ready well in advance before the event.
- Serving food and beverages on time, remaining courteous and polite at all time and remain attentive to guests’ needs and requests throughout the event.
- Maintaining a good understanding about the menu to explain the guests about the items and make recommendations upon request.
- Assisting in setting up and tearing down the banquet facilities in preparation of various banquet events.
- Accommodating any special requests raised by the guests and handling ad hoc requests efficiently in consultation with banquet manager.
- Assisting in removing dirty trays of dishes and tableware and ensuring proper storage of all the items.
- Occasionally working offsite for various special events and functions.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess a friendly and positive attitude and able to pay attention to details.
- Ability to take instructions well and be able to work in teams.
- Must have valid Pro Serve certification or be willing to take the training.
- Prior serving experience an asset.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a part-time position that requires flexible availability for evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.