Assistant Night Manager
Mar 01, 2024
The Assistant Night Manager is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all Fantasyland Hotel guests and assisting the Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper in overseeing the night operations of the Night Audit, Custodians and FLH Essentials.
- Performing Front Office duties during shift, ensuring that guest requirements are met, and Night Audit duties are performed.
- Ensuring all Front Desk and Housekeeping employees are performing according to set hotel service standards and representing the hotel’s core values.
- Dealing with guest complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Overseeing and evaluating the hotel’s public area cleaning schedules for efficiency and to ensure that overall guest satisfaction is assured.
- Performing daily janitorial inspections of the hotel public areas and addressing concerns within a timely manner.
- Balancing food and beverage departments, running micros reports and preparing for next day of business.
- Assisting with the hiring, training, and mentoring of all employees in the department.
- Reconciling credit card, billing accounts and gift certificate accounts.
- Preparing hotel and department revenue and informational reports for distribution to department heads.
- Responsible for valet parking and luggage delivery/storage in the absence of a Guest Service Agent.
- Ensuring proper communication systems are in place for all members of the Front Office and Housekeeping team. Responding to guest concerns and special requests while utilizing exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years night audit experience or front office experience within a hotel environment.
- Ability to lift and/or pull luggage, boxes, etc. for storage of up to approx. 30 LBS.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills while being flexible and be able to work well under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized Front Office systems and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Completion of a post-secondary Hospitality Management diploma/certificate or business management diploma.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Alberta driving license and be able to provide a 3-year driver's abstract.
- Ability to drive both standard and automatic vehicles.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that must be available Monday through Sunday, including weekends and holidays.
- This is a salaried position that depends on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.